30.8.10

Family Man

As you may know I am a Children's Pastor at New Hope Worship Center and I love my Job. The Lord has bless me more than I can ever express. and if you spend any time with me you will know that that is just a title that is not who I am. I am first a Follower of Christ, without him I am nothing. Next I am a father and a Husband, this is the primary "ministry" in my life. And lastly I am a Minister to Children.

My family will always come first before any ministry that I am a part of. This realization has take may years and many mistakes to understand it clearly.

One thing that comes to mind when I think about my family and how I plan out time with them was a question given by a children's ministry at http://www.thechurchlv.com/napkin-conference. He asked "Do you spend as much time planing time with you family as you do planning out special event for you ministry? This hit me hard b/c I would have to say no.

We sometime get more involved in planing out what color scheme we are going to use for VBS this year then "Getting Involved" in what I am going to do with my family this weekend.

So I would like to just encourage you to "Get Involved" with you family. Spend time planing out you next trip to Disney World (I will be doing that ASAP). And remember the example that we should ultimately follow, on how the church(our ministry) should work, is based on the best model that has ever been created Our Family!

Here is a video that expresses a little about how I feel about my family( found this on
http://www.jonathancliff.com/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment